Selected References for Drink Specials
1. Babor, T., Mendelson J., Greenberg I., and Kuehnle J. Experimental analysis of the ‘happy hour’: Effects of purchase price on alcohol consumption. Psychopharmacology 58:35–41, 1978.
2. Chaloupka, F., Grossman M., and Saffer H. The effects of price on alcohol consumption and alcohol-related problems. Alcohol Research & Health 26(1):22–34, 2002.
3. Kuo, M., Wechsler, H., Greenberg, P., and Lee, H. The marketing of alcohol to college students: The role of low prices and special promotions. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 25(3):1–8, 2003.
4. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Research report: Preventing over-consumption of alcohol – Sales to the intoxicated and “happy hour” (drink special) laws. Springfield, VA: National Technical Information Service, DOT HS 809 878, February 2005.
5. Smart, R. The happy hour experiment in North America. Contemporary Drug Problems 23:291–300, 1996.
6. Smart, R. and Adlaf, E. Banning Happy Hours: The Impact on Drinking and Impaired-Driving Charges in Ontario, Canada. Journal of Studies in Alcohol 47(3): 256–258, 1986.
7. Wechsler, H., Lee, J., Nelson, T., and Lee, H. Drinking and driving among college students: The influence of alcohol control policies. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 25(3):212–218, 2003.